Search This Blog

Saturday, April 11, 2009

We're The People That Love Forgot

Since 2007, I've been a regular performer at The Cavern Club (and Lennon's Pub) in Liverpool as part of the International Pop Overthrow Festival; hosting a Bongo Beat Records night. This year, we'll be back at it and here's what last year's impromptu extended jam of one of my favourite songs (originally on my first album, Coffee Jazz and Poetry), "We're The People That Love Forgot" sounded like; a love letter to Liverpool and forgotten rock'n'roll with Dave Rave and Ari Shine (all those great licks are his) on guitars, and Mark Gruft on drums. I wish I could say I had it all rehearsed beforehand but actually all that stream of consciousness about Liverpool is all improvised on the spot and two nights later in London, it was different yet again, sent into another plane by a full band fueled on the energy of the moment.




No comments:

Post a Comment